Welcome to the East Carolina University Water Resources Center
Create support structures, facilities, and resources to enable ECU faculty and students to perform world-class water research and education.
Center affiliates are finding ways to improve our understanding at the interface of human, natural, and engineered systems to ensure a resilient and sustainable future for communities at home and around the world.
At the Water Resources Center, we aim to:
- Enhance understanding of water issues through research and education.
- Develop and apply new ideas that will lead to sustainable water management in eastern North Carolina and around the world.
- Train the next generation of water scientists.
- Engage the general public of regional water quality and quantity issues.
- Serve as a link between water researchers, water professionals, and the general public.
Check out the broad range of water-related researchers at ECU on our People page. If you are interested in learning more about the Center or participating in water-related research at ECU, please Connect with us through a brief survey to tell us about your research and outreach interests. Students welcome!
Attention Students! The Water Resources Center is hiring! Applications are now being accepted for:
- ECU WaterCorps Staff (undergraduate or graduate students)
- Student Lab Managers (undergraduate or graduate students)
- Community Interns (undergraduate or graduate students)
For more information, see the news item below!
Want to contribute to the WRC web page?
We have now created a “blog” page where we welcome the WRC community to contribute content and resources. Check it out for stories about our affiliates, the Wat’er You Talking About? podcast, a growing list of tutorials contributed by students and faculty, and more! You can find the blog page at http://blog.ecu.edu/sites/water/
Do you have content that you would like to share through the ECU WRC? Use the form to submit information and media. [ECU login required]